1. Senior Seminar
In general, senior anthropology majors are expected to take the senior seminar (Anthropology 301) in the first semester of their senior year.
2. Senior Thesis
A senior thesis is not a graduation requirement in the Anthropology Department. Ordinarily, students should have a GPA of 3.7 or above to propose a thesis.
- Thesis Proposal
- Thesis proposals and bibliographies should be handed in by May 15th for an A semester thesis, or the week after October break for a B semester thesis.
- The proposal should contain a succinct statement of the project, a discussion of the student's preparation to undertake the thesis and a comprehensive bibliography.
- Petitions will be considered by the department as a whole.
- Thesis Approval
The department will inform the student whether permission to write a senior thesis will be granted. Students receiving approval should confirm their two thesis readers with the department chair.
- Thesis Deadlines
- Thesis proposals and bibliographies should be handed in May 15th for an A semester thesis, or the week after October break for a B semester thesis.
- The first draft of the thesis is due Friday after mid-semester break.
- Final drafts are due a week before classes end in the term the thesis is being written.